A distributed computing system contains multiple computers that are connected to work on a single problem. These computers can be located near together or geographically distributed at many places in the world and connected through the Internet network. A notable example of distributed computing systems is blockchain network. In recent years, blockchain, a decentralized ledger of transactions, has been considered one of the promising technologies that can make considerable changes to operations of companies, organizations, and governments over the world. This technology is predicted to break out of impact degree over the next five years, according to the report of the top ten strategic technologies in 2020 of Gartner.
Our group focuses on research and development of distributed systems in multiple domains such as finance, education, transportation, health, etc. In addition, we have a great interest in blockchain-related technologies used to enhance effectiveness, transparency, security, and reduce organizations’ costs. See the slides here for more detail.
Contact: Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Binh Minh, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blockchain technology: research core components of blockchain technology such as consensus algorithm, smart contract, privacy, etc., then propose novel approaches to enhance effectiveness, transparency, security.
- Blockchain and AI: combine blockchain and AI to have advantages of two technologies for multiple problems such as optimizing parameters for consensus algorithm, predicting price of token, deploying AI services on blockchain networks.
- Data analysis on blockchain networks: collect and analyze data available on available networks, including tokens, NFT, transaction history, relationship between wallets, etc., then provide evaluation and prediction.
- Blockchain-based application development platform: develop a platform that supports the development and deployment of decentralized applications without much coding through offering multiple ready-to-use microservices and APIs.
- Blockchain-based applications: develop applications for different domains such as Fintech, DeFi, NFT creation, copyright management, red book management, certificate authentication, product traceability, etc.
- Consensus algorithm: extend existing consensus models with new capabilities that easily implement the organization’s policy.
- KYC identification on blockchain network: identify the same users on multiple networks, provide a unique identifier for users.
- Cross-chain brige: support asset exchange between multiple networks. Therefore, users can easily transfer and manage their assets.
- Credit-score for blockchain domain: identify a credit score for each wallet on the blockchain network based on multiple parameters. As such, users can obtain a better interest rate when participating in lending pools.
- Decentralized storage: research and develop decentralized storage and sharing systems using IPFS, encryption technologies, and blockchain.
Projects and Solutions
Publications in 2022
- Thanh-Chung Dao, Duc Pham, Tien Thao Nguyen, Ba-Lam Do, Binh Minh Nguyen. V-Endpoint: Decentralized Endpoint for Blockchain Applications Based on Spark and Byzantine Consensus. International Symposium on Information and Communication Technology, SoICT. 427-434. Hà Nội, Hạ Long. 01/12/2022
- Nguyen Binh Minh; Nguyen Thieu; Tran Trung; Nguyen Giang. An Improved Sea Lion Optimization for Workload Elasticity Prediction with Neural Networks. International Journal of Computational Intelligence Systems. 17/10/2022
- Vu Van Thieu, Nguyen The Anh, Tran Hoang Hai. A Variational Information Bottleneck Method for Network Intrusion Detection. Journal of Communications. 533-540. 01/07/2022
- Viet-Bang Pham, Tuan-Dat Trinh. Analysis Model for Decentralized Lending Protocols. SoICT 2022: The 11th International Symposium on Information and Communication Technology. 405-412. 01/12/2022
- Lưu Minh Trí, Trần Hoàng Hải, Vũ Văn Thiệu. BKIDSet 2022 - Toward Generating a new DDoS Intrusion Detection Dataset. CITA (Conference on Information Technology and its Applications) 2022. 536-545. Huế. 22/07/2022
- Ba-Lam Do, Van-Thanh Nguyen, Hoang-Nam Dinh, Thanh-Chung Dao, BinhMinh Nguyen. Blockchain for Education: Verification and Management of Lifelong Learning Data. Computer Systems Science and Engineering journal. 591-604. 19/11/2021
- Do Bao Son, Ta Huu Binh, Hiep Khac Vo, Binh Minh Nguyen, Binh Huynh Thi Thanh, Shui Yu. Value-based reinforcement learning approaches for task offloading in Delay Constrained Vehicular Edge Computing. Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence. 1-14. 14/04/2022
- Bui My Hanh, Le Tuan Linh, Nguyen Ngoc Cuong, Thanh Binh Nguyen, Luu Tien Doan, Chung Duy Le, Vu Tat Giao, Thi Ly Ly Ngo, Thi Hong Xuyen Hoang, Nguyen Duc Thang, Nguyen Tu Anh, Nguyen Duc Dan, Nguyen Viet Dung, Tran Vinh Duc, Quang H Nguyen, Anh Nguyen, Nguyen Hoang Phuong. Convolutional Neural Networks Improve Radiologists’ Performance in Breast Cancer Screening for Vietnamese patients. Applied Artificial Intelligence. 18/11/2022
Publications in 2021
- Binh Minh Nguyen, Thang Nguyen, Thieu Nguyen, Ba-Lam Do. MPoC - A Metaheuristic Proof of Criteria Consensus Protocol for Blockchain Network. IEEE International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (ICBC). 1-8. 03/05/2021
- Hoang-Long Huynh, Huu-Duc Nguyen, Trong-Vinh Le, Quyet-Thang Huynh. CAM-D: A Description Method for Multi-Cloud Marketplace Application. Research and Development on Information and Communication Technology, ICT Research. 51-61. 31/01/2021
- Nguyen Binh Minh; Hoang Bao; Nguyen Thieu; and Nguyen Giang. nQSV-Net: A Novel Queuing Search Variant for Global Space Search and Workload Modeling. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing. 0. 05/11/2020
- Vinh Duc Tran, Igor Litovsky. One-relation languages and code generators. RAIRO - Theoretical Informatics and Applications. 1-24. 09/03/2021
- Canh-Tuan Tran, Van-Duy Pham, Thang Nguyen, Huu-Hai-Quan Dinh, Minh-Tri Hoang, Thanh-Chung Dao, Binh Minh Nguyen, Ba-Lam Do. A Novel Approach for Developing Decentralized Storage and Sharing Systems. Proceedings of the 3rd ACM International Symposium on Blockchain and Secure Critical Infrastructure. 51-62. 07/06/2021
- Nguyen Giang; Sipkova Viera; Dlugolinsky Stefan; Nguyen Binh Minh; Tran Viet; Hluchy Ladislav. A Comparative Study of Operational Engineering for Environmental and Compute-intensive Applications. Array. 16/09/2021
- Thang Nguyen; Khiem Doan; Giang Nguyen; Binh Minh Nguyen. Modeling Multi-constrained Fog-cloud Environment for Task Scheduling Problem. The 19th International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA 2020). 1-10. Cambridge, MA, USA, USA. 24/11/2020
- Anh Son TA. Sovling problem. NICS. 17/01/2021
- Nguyen Thieu; Nguyen Thang; Vu Quoc Hien; Huynh Thi Thanh Binh; and Nguyen Binh Minh*. Multi-objective Sparrow Search Optimization for Task Scheduling in Fog-Cloud-Blockchain Systems. International Conference on Services Computing (IEEE SCC 2021). 450-455. Chicago, USA. 05/09/2021
- Do Bao Son, Vu Tri An, Trinh Thu Hai, Binh Minh Nguyen, Phi Le Nguyen, Huynh Thi Thanh Binh. Fuzzy Deep Q-learning Task Offloading in Delay Constrained Vehicular Fog Computing. 2021 International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN). 18/07/2021