A distributed computing system contains multiple computers that are connected to work on a single problem. These computers can be located near together or geographically distributed at many places in the world and connected through the Internet network. A notable example of distributed computing systems is blockchain network. In recent years, blockchain, a decentralized ledger of transactions, has been considered one of the promising technologies that can make considerable changes to operations of companies, organizations, and governments over the world. This technology is predicted to break out of impact degree over the next five years, according to the report of the top ten strategic technologies in 2020 of Gartner.
Our group focuses on research and development of distributed systems in multiple domains such as finance, education, transportation, health, etc. In addition, we have a great interest in blockchain-related technologies used to enhance effectiveness, transparency, security, and reduce organizations’ costs. See the slides here for more detail.
Contact: Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Binh Minh, Email: email@example.com
- Blockchain technology: research core components of blockchain technology such as consensus algorithm, smart contract, privacy, etc., then propose novel approaches to enhance effectiveness, transparency, security.
- Blockchain and AI: combine blockchain and AI to have advantages of two technologies for multiple problems such as optimizing parameters for consensus algorithm, predicting price of token, deploying AI services on blockchain networks.
- Data analysis on blockchain networks: collect and analyze data available on available networks, including tokens, NFT, transaction history, relationship between wallets, etc., then provide evaluation and prediction.
- Blockchain-based application development platform: develop a platform that supports the development and deployment of decentralized applications without much coding through offering multiple ready-to-use microservices and APIs.
- Blockchain-based applications: develop applications for different domains such as Fintech, DeFi, NFT creation, copyright management, red book management, certificate authentication, product traceability, etc.
- Consensus algorithm: extend existing consensus models with new capabilities that easily implement the organization’s policy.
- KYC identification on blockchain network: identify the same users on multiple networks, provide a unique identifier for users.
- Cross-chain brige: support asset exchange between multiple networks. Therefore, users can easily transfer and manage their assets.
- Credit-score for blockchain domain: identify a credit score for each wallet on the blockchain network based on multiple parameters. As such, users can obtain a better interest rate when participating in lending pools.
- Decentralized storage: research and develop decentralized storage and sharing systems using IPFS, encryption technologies, and blockchain.
Projects and Solutions
Publications in 2021
- Thang Nguyen; Khiem Doan; Giang Nguyen; Binh Minh Nguyen. Modeling Multi-constrained Fog-cloud Environment for Task Scheduling Problem. The 19th International Symposium on Network Computing and Applications (NCA 2020). 1-10. Cambridge, MA, USA, USA. 24/11/2020
- Nguyen Binh Minh; Hoang Bao; Nguyen Thieu; and Nguyen Giang. nQSV-Net: A Novel Queuing Search Variant for Global Space Search and Workload Modeling. Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing. 0. 05/11/2020
- Binh Minh Nguyen, Thang Nguyen, Thieu Nguyen, Ba-Lam Do. MPoC - A Metaheuristic Proof of Criteria Consensus Protocol for Blockchain Network. IEEE International Conference on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency (ICBC). 1-8. 03/05/2021
- Nguyen Thieu; Nguyen Thang; Vu Quoc Hien; Huynh Thi Thanh Binh; and Nguyen Binh Minh*. Multi-objective Sparrow Search Optimization for Task Scheduling in Fog-Cloud-Blockchain Systems. International Conference on Services Computing (IEEE SCC 2021). 450-455. Chicago, USA. 05/09/2021
- Canh-Tuan Tran, Van-Duy Pham, Thang Nguyen, Huu-Hai-Quan Dinh, Minh-Tri Hoang, Thanh-Chung Dao, Binh Minh Nguyen, Ba-Lam Do. A Novel Approach for Developing Decentralized Storage and Sharing Systems. Proceedings of the 3rd ACM International Symposium on Blockchain and Secure Critical Infrastructure. 51-62. 07/06/2021
- Nguyen Giang; Sipkova Viera; Dlugolinsky Stefan; Nguyen Binh Minh; Tran Viet; Hluchy Ladislav. A Comparative Study of Operational Engineering for Environmental and Compute-intensive Applications. Array. 16/09/2021
- Hoang-Long Huynh, Huu-Duc Nguyen, Trong-Vinh Le, Quyet-Thang Huynh.. CAM-D: A Description Method for Multi-Cloud Marketplace Application. Research and Development on Information and Communication Technology, ICT Research. 51-61. 31/01/2021
- Vinh Duc Tran, Igor Litovsky. One-relation languages and code generators. RAIRO - Theoretical Informatics and Applications. 1-24. 09/03/2021
Publications in 2020
- Huynh Thi Thanh Binh, Nguyen Phi Le, Nguyen Binh Minh, Trinh Thu Hai, Ngo Quang Minh, Do Bao Son. A Reinforcement Learning Algorithm for Resource Provisioning in Mobile Edge Computing Network. International Joint Conference on Neural Networks (IJCNN). 1-7. Online. 19/07/2020
- Nguyen Binh Minh; Tran Trung; Nguyen Thieu; and Nguyen Giang. Hybridization of Galactic Swarm and Evolution Whale Optimization for Global Search Problem. IEEE Access. 74991 - 75010. 20/04/2020
- Binh Minh Nguyen, Thanh-Chung Dao, Ba-Lam Do. Towards a blockchain-based certificate authentication system in Vietnam. PeerJ Computer Science. 01-27. 30/03/2020
- Thieu Nguyen, Giang Nguyen, Binh Minh Nguyen. EO-CNN: An Enhanced CNN Model Trained by Equilibrium Optimization for Traffic Transportation Prediction. 24th International Conference on Knowledge-Based and Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems (KES). 800-809. Online. 16/09/2020
- Nguyen Ngoc-Hoa; Nguyen Binh Minh*; Dao Thanh-Chung; and Do Ba-Lam. Towards Blockchainizing Land Valuation Certificate Management Procedures in Vietnam. 14th International Conference on Computing and Communication Technologies (RIVF). 316-321. Ho Chi Minh city. 06/04/2020
- Pham Van-Duy; Tran Canh-Tuan; Nguyen Thang; Nguyen Tien-Thao; Do Ba-Lam; Dao Thanh-Chung; and Nguyen Binh Minh. B-Box - A Decentralized Storage System Using IPFS, Attributed-based Encryption, and Blockchain. 14th International Conference on Computing and Communication Technologies (RIVF). 310-315. Ho Chi Minh city. 06/04/2020
- Nguyen Thieu; Hoang Bao; Nguyen Giang; and Nguyen Binh Minh. A New Workload Prediction Model Using Extreme Learning Machine and Enhanced Tug of War optimization. Procedia Computer Science. 362-369. 05/03/2020
- Ba-Lam Do; Quang-Thang Nguyen; Thang Nguyen; Tien-Thao Nguyen; Thanh-Chung Dao; BinhMinh Nguyen. BML: A Data Mapping Language for Blockchain Platforms. 2020 IEEE 19th International Conference on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communications (TrustCom). 1297-1303. 29/12/2020
- Hoang-Long Huynh, Huu-Duc Nguyen, Trong-Vinh Le, Quyet-Thang Huynh, Thi-Nhan Vu. An approach for auto-repairing cloud application on multi-cloud marketplace. Một số vấn đề chọn lọc của Công nghệ thông tin và Truyền thông. 17-22. 01/06/2019
- Qutaibah Malluhi, Vinh Duc Tran, Viet Cuong Trinh. Decentralized Broadcast Encryption Schemes with Constant Size Ciphertext and Fast Decryption. Symmetry. 1-19. 06/06/2020
- Minh Ha Le, Vinh Duc Tran, Van Anh Trinh,Viet Cuong Trinh. Compacting ciphertext in multi-channel broadcast encryption and attribute-based encryption. Theoretical Computer Science. 219-235. 01/01/2020
- Tran Vinh Duc. Set Decipherable Languages and Generators. Journal of Computer Science and Cybernetics, V.36, N.4 (2020), 381–392. 381–392. 29/12/2020