A distributed computing system contains multiple computers that are connected to work on a single problem. These computers can be located near together or geographically distributed at many places in the world and connected through the Internet network. A notable example of distributed computing systems is blockchain network. In recent years, blockchain, a decentralized ledger of transactions, has been considered one of the promising technologies that can make considerable changes to operations of companies, organizations, and governments over the world. This technology is predicted to break out of impact degree over the next five years, according to the report of the top ten strategic technologies in 2020 of Gartner.
Our group focuses on research and development of distributed systems in multiple domains such as finance, education, transportation, health, etc. In addition, we have a great interest in blockchain-related technologies used to enhance effectiveness, transparency, security, and reduce organizations’ costs. See the slides here for more detail.
Contact: Assoc. Prof. Nguyen Binh Minh, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Blockchain technology: research core components of blockchain technology such as consensus algorithm, smart contract, privacy, etc., then propose novel approaches to enhance effectiveness, transparency, security.
- Blockchain and AI: combine blockchain and AI to have advantages of two technologies for multiple problems such as optimizing parameters for consensus algorithm, predicting price of token, deploying AI services on blockchain networks.
- Data analysis on blockchain networks: collect and analyze data available on available networks, including tokens, NFT, transaction history, relationship between wallets, etc., then provide evaluation and prediction.
- Blockchain-based application development platform: develop a platform that supports the development and deployment of decentralized applications without much coding through offering multiple ready-to-use microservices and APIs.
- Blockchain-based applications: develop applications for different domains such as Fintech, DeFi, NFT creation, copyright management, red book management, certificate authentication, product traceability, etc.
- Consensus algorithm: extend existing consensus models with new capabilities that easily implement the organization’s policy.
- KYC identification on blockchain network: identify the same users on multiple networks, provide a unique identifier for users.
- Cross-chain brige: support asset exchange between multiple networks. Therefore, users can easily transfer and manage their assets.
- Credit-score for blockchain domain: identify a credit score for each wallet on the blockchain network based on multiple parameters. As such, users can obtain a better interest rate when participating in lending pools.
- Decentralized storage: research and develop decentralized storage and sharing systems using IPFS, encryption technologies, and blockchain.